Written by the Church – 教會撰寫
• Not by Jesus or any single author
• By the Church community inspired by the Holy Spirit
• They are the faith statements of the Christian communities
Selected by the Church – 教會選定
• At least 63 documents circulated as “gospels,” “Acts,” “Epistles” in the early church (1st and 2nd century.)
• Canonized by the Church at the end of the 4th century.
• Still shows differences between Roman/Greek Orthodox/Protestant churches.
Edited by the Church – 教會編輯
• Titles were added/edited
• Words were added and/or omitted
• Chapters were added in 13th century
• Verse divisions were made in 16th century
• Punctuation marks were added in printed Bible
Transmitted by the Church - 教會傳播
• All copies were hand made till movable type [printing] was invented by Johannes Gutenberg (1398-1468) in 1456
• We have about 5500 manuscripts of the New Testament
• A few copies/translations of the New Testament showed the differences
Translated by the Church – 教會翻譯
• The New Testament was written in Konie (common) Greek which is not the native language of the contemporary world.
• All versions of the today’s New Testament Bible need translation which are done by the Church and/or the Bible Society.
Source: The People's New Testament Commentary by
--->> 返回 索引列表 Indexed Listing